Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TexNetMaine News ALERT!!! Hello, Texas!!! Hell Yes!!!


I have something to tell you all that I just learned a few hours ago. When I heard it, I nearly had "The Big One" on the spot. Elizabeth was waiting for me. ( <----gratuitous Fred Sanford reference) Before I tell you The Big News ©, sit your ass down if you ain't sittin' right now.

Heather and I have made a major decision regarding not only our lives, but the lives of our children as well. We are going to relocate the TexNetMaine Blogging Empire World Headquarters from Maine to wait.       for.      it.     TEXAS!!! Things are not exactly set in stone as to when this is going to happen (for reasons I'd rather not make public, but they are good reasons), but it  is going to happen. I have been waiting for this to happen for a number of years and when Heather told me earlier today that she was ready to make a move, I damn near fell over. My health is a major concern and the weather back home will be more conducive to me leading a more active lifestyle that will benefit me health wise. Like I said earlier in the post, we are just waiting for some things to fall into place, we just don't know when that will be. Will it be a few weeks? Two months? A year? I'll let you know when I know. :)

We just had a talk about all this with our 8 year old and she's all for it. DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! With that "Yea" vote, the decision is unanimous. Excitement here is at a fevered pitch as we are all ready to get packing right now! But, as they say, patience is a virtue, and I am nothing if not patient.


I am looking forward to establishing new friendships and rekindling old ones when I get home, but none more important than shaking the hand of my dear friend, Bob Zeller. And margaritas. Don't forget the margaritas. I don't drink by choice, but I imagine I can slam down a 'rita or two....or three. :)

That's The Big News © and we couldn't be happier. I'll keep you posted as events warrant, so stay tuned for further info.

God bless you,every one and may God continue to bless Texas.

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Toby,

    As you know we're pretty damn excited, too.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's all be damn excited at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the other question to be answered is "WHERE" are you coming home to? Irving,Dallas area,the "Country", the Hill country, or undecided yet! Texas is large and wide. Any place in Texas will be a good place to drop anchor(uh, will you bring your anchor or leave it in Maine? An early "welcome home" to you and yours.... You are a Texan by birth and once again by choice......Welcome back(HOME!), Tob....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words, James! We are gonna be landing in San Angelo. Because of my arthritis and fibromyalgia, the warm, dry climate will be just right for me. We've done some research on the schools, crime rate and all that stuff, and it looks like a great place to raise kids....and a big ass garden. :)

    ReplyDelete