Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekly Update on the TexNetMaine Member Blogs; UPDATED SUNDAY 3/20/11

UPDATE: Last night I was checking out some podcast and internet radio sites in search of a place to create podcasts and to do web radio hosting. I found some pretty good sites, but I am still not sold on any of them yet. I'll be doing the same today and should have a decision as to which site to use by tonight. One more thing, Heather and I have decided to do a radio as many times a week as the hosting site's rules allow. I'll have more on that tonight too, I hope. End of update.

I have been learning some stuff about setting up a podcast and doing an internet radio show. They are both fairly simple processes and I hope to have one or both operational in the next few weeks. "But", you ask, "if it's so easy to do, why wait?" I am looking into buying a new laptop that is a bit more "media friendly" than my current one. I currently have an IBM ThinkPad and I love it (I have an IBM desktop also)but it's lacking in some features that will allow me to get real serious about doing some heavy duty media stuff. On the other hand, Heather has an Asus desktop that's pretty loaded with bells and whistles, and I could use it for media stuff. However, I don't want to have all my media files and podcasts on her computer. I might not be able to access it as readily as I want to. After all, it is her computer. i could use my Google Voice account, but I'm not sure how to set it up to handle multiple calls at once, like a conference call. I'll check into that. I also have some friends who run a couple real good blogs, The Blogmocracy and The Diary of Daedalus. One of the Administrators there reads my blogs regularly so I'll contact her to get some of the skinny.

That's what's cookin' with the TexNetMaine Blog Family. As soon as I decide about laying out almost a grand on a new laptop or trying to wing it with this one, I'll make an announcement on the TexNetMaine Network.

Again, I'd like to thank you for the incredible support you have shown me. I appreciate it very much. With each page view, I am getting one step closer to my goal of taking over the internet. :)

My blogs:Three States Plus One, Dumbass News, Because Toby Said So

No comments:

Post a Comment